Mold is a type of fungus that grows on organic material like wood, plants, fabric, and food. You may have heard about the dangers of mold – When you suspect mold, it’s a good idea to schedule a mold inspection.
- Vacant House. When a house has been unoccupied for a period of months or years, humidity may have the opportunity to build up inside and allow mold to grow, especially in warmer areas with high humidity.
- Musty Smell. A musty smell doesn’t necessarily guarantee that you have mold in your home, but if you live in a humid climate, it is probably a good idea to have it checked out.
- Allergy Symptoms. If you are experiencing headaches, a scratchy throat or a runny nose and can’t find a reason why, it is a good idea to have a mold inspection.
- New Home Purchase. When you are in the process of buying a new home, it is important to have a mold inspection done because it is often difficult to tell if water damage has happened in the past, especially if the home has been repainted with new carpeting.
- After Mold Remediation. Just because you can no longer see it doesn’t mean it is not there. If you have had a prior mold problem and have cleaned it up and fixed the reason for your moisture problem, regular mold inspections are a still good idea to make sure it is truly gone.
- Water Damage. If you have experienced any type of water damage in your home, it is important to have a mold inspection done, especially if the area was not dried out quickly.
- If You Find Mold. If you find an area of your home that has mold, it is likely not the only place. It is wise to have a mold inspection done so that you can eliminate all of the problem areas.
If you suspect that you may have mold in your home and you would like to have a mold inspection, please give us a call at AdvantaClean of Lake Norman, Hickory and Gastonia today!